Sunday, May 30, 2010

Mommy's Day


Felicia Gayle Hudgins
November 26, 1959-May 30, 2004

Today is what I label on my calendar as 'Mommy's Day'. While it is the anniversary of her death, I choose it to be a day to celebrate my Mommy and all that she has done for me. Anyone who has had the opportunity to read the entry on why I named this blog (and my upcoming website) Mommy Moon knows that my Mom is the one who taught me what I know, and who instilled a sense of curiosity and creativity in me. I would be nothing today were it not for my mother and the way that she raised me. So today I celebrate my Mommy. I celebrate what she was and what she made me. Whenever we lose a loved one we have to remember not to dwell on the day we lost them but on the days that we had them. Therefore I mark today as Mommy's Day. She is in my heart always, and I think of her constantly, but instead of making today a day to mourn her death, I make it a day to celebrate her life! I love you, Mommy!

No comments: