Sunday, October 26, 2014

Two Simple Birthday Cards

I recently had occasion to need a couple of birthday cards.  When making cards I usually do two at a time, so I'll have an extra to use or put up in my Etsy shop–Mommy Moon Designs.  This time, however, I needed both a masculine and a feminine card.  So I decided to look through some of the patterned paper that I have stored up to see what I could come up with.


I decided to use this lovely striped paper from a pack of glittered cardstock for my masculine card and found a nice green to coordinate with it.  The Mowed Lawn Distress Ink that I used for the Hero Arts greeting matched almost perfectly.


For the feminine card I used this great flower paper from the same paper pack.  I used Picked Raspberry Distress Ink for the greeting, also from Hero Arts.

I really did just keep these cards simple.  They were quick and easy to put together.  I just layered all the elements onto 4.25" x 11" piece of cardstock, scored to fold at 5.5".  

I hope you enjoyed these two cards.  Have a great week!
-Jennifer Gayle

No comments: