Friday, January 10, 2014

And the word of the year is...

As the first week of the new year comes to a close I begin to think of the new year ahead and all of the possibilities it brings.  I've never been one for resolutions, but I think the idea of having a word of the year, a mantra if you will, to keep in mind as I go through the year is a great one.  I have decided that my word for this year is 'overcome'.  This applies to so many aspects of life, but I believe if I can take things one day at a time, making those small victories, I will continue to overcome.

The beginning of this week marked the end of Christmas.  I continued the tradition of giving Chris a message to open on each day of Christmas.  This year I was inspired by the song. On each card I stamped a word that represented a gift from me.  I enjoyed seeing Chris's reaction as he opened the cards every morning.



I wish you all a wonderful new year.  What will your word be?
-Jennifer Gayle

No comments: