Friday, June 7, 2013

Migraine & Headache Awareness Month #7 - Pretty Woman

Today's Migraine and Headache Awareness Month blog challenge theme is Pretty Woman- What do you do to look good when you feel like crap?  

I don't know about most people, but I've mostly given up on looking good when I feel my worst.  I have to struggle so hard to be functional that my appearance takes a back seat.  Instead I try to compensate on the days that I am feeling better.

On my better days I like to do a few simple things to make me feel a little more 'girly'.  I take time to style my hair, instead of just letting it dry on its own.  I make sure to put on my cutest pajamas.  And, if I feel particularly good I may even paint my fingernails.  It doesn't take much to contrast with how I feel when I am at my worst.

When I was younger I didn't take much stock in the claims that you would feel better if you spruced up a little bit.  But I have learned that it really does work.  So, when you can, spend a little extra time to make yourself look refreshed because it might actually make yourself feel refreshed.

-Jennifer Gayle

June 2013, Migraine and Headache Awareness Month, is dedicated to Unmasking the Mystery of Chronic Headache Disorders. The 2013 Migraine and Headache Awareness Month Blog Challenge is a project of FightingHeadacheDisorders.com.

#MHAM, #MHAM13, #MHAMBC

No comments: